Thursday, January 30, 2014

Stitch Fix #1

Stitch Fix is a different kind of service than Gwynnie Bee.  You fill out a style profile where you tell them your height, weight, sizes; you see pictures of clothes and you tell them if you like them or not; you can link to your social networks; and you can write up a brief narrative.

I basically told them that I love the boho style and colors (not tan, black...)

Then you schedule a "fix" (which costs $20) and some style fairy goes out into the world and collects things for you.

My first fix from them totally sucked.  I hated every piece. I didn't take pictures of me in the pieces because it really wasn't worth it.  I got:
  • A preppy swingy skirt in navy polka dots.  I love polka dots, but it was a preppy nautical style which isn't my thing.  And, the huge skirt was not at all flattering.  Note to self: get straight or slight a-line skirts. 
  • A dress which buttoned all the way down.  I specifically told them that things that button all the way down are not flattering on me, and unfortunately, this dress proved me right.
  • 3 tops all in boring neutrals.  2 with super wide dolman sleeves which made me feel like flapping my wings.
Horrible horrible horrible.  I sent everything back with detailed comments about why each piece didn't work for me.

I didn't hear anything back.

So, I followed up with an email, and then I received a nice response from Jenni (one of the style fairies) who offered to credit my $20 towards my next fix and she would be my next stylist.  I took her up on her offer. 

Stay tuned for Stitch Fix #2...

No comments:

Post a Comment